What is a cookie?
A cookie is a text file which contains a small amount of information and which is stored on the device (computer browser, smartphone or other device) of the user by the server of the visited website.
There are cookies, which contain personal information (for example, username if they click on the "remember me" tab). But most cookies do not collect personal information and will instead collect more general information (how the user arrived on the site and uses the site, the general location of the user).
Thanks to certain cookies, we can interconnect user activities on the site until the user closes the browser. These cookies are automatically deleted by closing the browser window.
Other cookies remain in the user's browser or device for the configured period and are reactivated on each visit to the site. The length of time that cookies are stored in the browser or user's device depends on the configuration of the cookies themselves as well as on the browser. We keep the data obtained by the cookie files for a maximum of 1 year.
- They allow a website to recognize a user's device.
- They improve the user experience.
- They allow login user data to be remembered that the user does not have to enter repeatedly.
- They allow the Site to be adapted as well as possible to user requests.
What types of cookies do we use?
- 2 main types of cookies that we use on korina.be:
- Short-term, known as "session cookies", deleted at the end of the visit to our site.
- Long-lasting, so-called "persistent cookies", remaining in your browser or device for a certain period of time or until you delete them manually.
- Cookies can also be divided according to their operation:
- Essential cookies, which are technical and functional cookies, important for the basic functioning of websites. This category of cookies should not be disabled. If a user chooses to make these cookies inactive, he will not be able to access all the content of the pages visited. For example, some cookies allow us to identify the user and ensure that the user can access the registration or log into pages.
- Analytical cookies, helping us to increase the convenience of using our site by identifying how it is used. They also allow us to analyze the performance of various sales channels. These cookies collect information about how visitors use the website, for example which pages visitors look at most often and whether they receive error messages from certain pages. These cookies do not collect information that identifies you. All the information that these cookies collect is anonymous and only used to improve the functioning of the website.
How to control and delete cookies on your browser?
The ability to allow, refuse or delete cookies can also be provided at the browser level. To achieve this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located under the "Help", "Tools" and "Edit" tab). Rejecting a cookie or categories of cookies does not remove cookies from your browser. You will have to do this yourself from your browser. Remember that if you choose to disable cookies, some parts of our website will not function properly.
Configuring the use of cookie files is part of the web browser you use, with most browsers automatically accepting cookies in their default settings. Cookie files may be refused through your browser or may only be limited to the types you have selected. By doing this, you also limit the operation of our site and you will no longer be able to use the functions that we offer to their full extent, including logging into your customer account.
You will find on the links indicated below or in the rest of the documentation of internet browsers information on the possibilities of configuring the presets relating to the cookies files:
A powerful tool for managing cookie files is also available on the site https://www.youronlinechoices.com/fr/.
LAST UPDATE: MARCH 12, 2021